Who's gonna care what little ol' me has to say???
Where do I even start???
Networking? How do I do that when the only real conversation I have the majority of the day is with myself?!
With nobody but my momma and my fiancée reading my blog in the beginning (momma didn't know for some time after I started), and the thousands of super entertaining material out there, it's an honor to be noticed and recognized by a fellow blogger. It was nominated last week for the Liebster Award by Melissa from Forever Fitting In who is among one of the most inspiring people I've come across in the blogging world. (Or like, ever.) Please take the time to read through her health and fitness journey and check out her before and after pictures. Motivation to the Umph degree, I promise!
So as a nominee of the Liebster Award, I now get the chance to spread the love to my fellow bloggers.
And the rules are:
- The recipient must acknowledge the nominating blogger along with the link to her page.
- Answer the 10 questions the nominating blogger has prepared.
- Nominate ten blogs with less than 200 followers along with their page links.
- Give 10 questions for the nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know they have been selected!
And these are the questions Melissa gave me to answer:1. What is your hidden talent? I don't care what my kids say... I'm the best shower singer EVER.
2. Who, besides your kids inspires you? My mother the hero. I've always wondered how she did it. Now that I've had just a little taste of what being the mother of a preteen girl is I'm even MORE at a loss for words as to how she did it alone with three extremely headstrong girls. (Headstrong like our momma that is.)
3. Describe your perfect day? Family & friends. Good food. Lying beneath the trees of a beautiful picturesque park on a clear and sunny 72 degree day. No humidity. Forgetting the world and possibly even the fact that we have children since they're off having a blast playing in the safety of an enclosed traffic and dog free zone.*dreamy sigh* ::daydream interrupted abruptly when the little one throws her bowl from her highchair::
4. What are you most afraid of? Failure. Especially if someone other than myself is invested in my venture. I wouldn't know how to face them if I failed.
5. What besides your kids is your greatest accomplishment? I guess I would have to say, myself. On an emotional and personal level. In learning to analyze myself during my struggles I feel that I've come a long way from where I was a few years ago. I try to make the effort to approach everything with an open mind and always looking to evolve when it comes matters of the mind.
6. If you were an animal what kind would you be? A hummingbird. Because even as an adult I like to imagine these flittering, mysterious, fast flying, adorable little creatures come from some magical, lush fairy land. (I gotta google the habitat of hummingbirds) Or a Lion. rawr.
7. Wine, beer, tequila or water? Water.
8. What is your best quality? My personality... Or so I've been told.
9. Why did you start blogging? Because it's something I never thought I'd be brave enough to do in fear of being judged. Because I'm shy but I have a whole lot to say and having imaginary conversations and getting caught mouthing them to myself was starting to get a little embarrassing. I reflect more on this question on my post titled "On Why I Blog"...
10. If you were to give to one charity (or start your own) what would it be? It would definitely be to a charity focused around building the self esteem and empowerment of girls. Or a charity such as Beat Bullying who provides support and resources against bullying not just in our schools, but society in general.
Questions for my nominees:
1. If there was a show about your life... What actor would you pick to play your role?
2. What is your life long dream?
3. If you can visit any place in the world... where would it be?
4. What inspired you to start your blog?
5. Chicken, fish or steak?
6. If you could have any talent in the world... What would it be?
7. I'm a genie... You have 3 wishes...
8. It's 1am. You can't sleep. What's on your mind?
9. Home improvement project: DIY or pay a professional?
10. What is your definition of success?
And my nominees are: *drum roll please*
Diary of An Angry Pregnant Lady
The Pursuit of Normal
Is Your Father Home Yet?
Becoming a MILF
Life on the SONny Side
Mina & Her Blog