Go, Baby, Go Baby Shower...

Back in June my family and I celebrated the impending arrival of my youngest sisters 2nd little boy. My mom being a super busy and involved grandma and career woman... I had the pleasure of planning and putting together this baby shower. I say "pleasure" because for the first time EVER I had to freedom to plan an event with no clear budget if it meant she had to do as little as possible (did I blow up my moms spot?) THAT and everyone was totally ok with giving me full and total creative control (no one fought me too much for the role). Cause I likes what I like. 

On the negative side, since I'm in CT and the baby shower was in FL, I had to consider that whatever decorations and crafts I put together, at some point would need to be transported. And since I'm cheap even with other people's money, that meant it needed to be shoved in a suitcase so it could pass as one of my free traveling luggages which also meant it needed to be under 50 pounds. (I didn't actually "shove" ANYTHING. It was more like "meticulously placed.")

Once the task of deciding on the perfect theme was done... It was all a go from there. We decided on the Go, Baby, Go printable party theme from Hostess with the Mostess. It was absolutely perfect. My sister wanted to do a car theme in her boys room (baby and big brother would be sharing) and I figured we can kill two birds with one stone. I wanted her to be able to use some of the shower decorations to finish decorating the boys room. She wanted something simple, yet fun. Modern with vibrant colors. That's exactly what we got with this theme. I wanted to steer clear from using the usual pastels but still come across as baby shower-y and not baby's 1st birthday-y. 

Between my O.C.D and craftiness... My mommas super powers and checkbook... And my little big sister the chef and her hook ups... We pulled it together. 

The beautiful mommy-to-be loved it and I'm honored to know my new nephew likes his handmade paper plane mobile a whole lot too!

Party at a glance. Printable party available here http://www.etsy.com/shop/HWTM.
Table centerpieces.
Dessert table.
Ready to get this party started.
Time to Fuel Up.
Baby has his bag packed and ready for his arrival.
Let's eat cake!




Comments

Popular Posts