Mayah's Little Adventure in the Big City

One of my best memories I have as a kid growing up in Massachusetts were our frequent trips to aquariums and museums. I especially loved when they'd bring in the dinosaur exhibits. So one of the things on my summer-do list was to visit The American Museum of Natural History in New York. I figured this would be the perfect timing for the little one, since now she's SO curious about EVERYTHING. Her thing at this age is to point at everything and ask "What's this?" and she'll repeat it absorbing everything we say like a sponge. (I've always hated that little analogy cause it's like, sooo... typical- but she IS.) In a way I wanted to take advantage of this little stage she's in to expose her to something cooler than "zip-lock bags" and "batteries" in hopes that it'll all stick and contribute to her GENIUS {thunder strikes} *fingers curled in the air as I let out my best evil genius laugh*

*e-hem* Anyways.

Here are some of my fave shots of our day at the museum...

 Mayah's first train ride! She did really well and was mostly excited to be out of the confines of her car seat...

And now to catch the B train... (Or was it D???)

We're here!

 These guys preferred to hang in the main lobby.

We ran with the elephants...

And witnessed how other mommies protect their young.

We made new with some lively creatures...

Some, not as lively as others.

We learned about different cultures and people from distant times and distant places...

And shook hands with the natives.

We got up close and personal with the dinosaurs...

All of them. 

Later on we stopped in a popular spot for some dinner...

Took a stroll and snagged a little dessert.

  
We couldn't leave without soaking in a little bit of the city lights...

and admiring the architecture and GRANDNESS of Grand Central Station...

Before hurrying off to catch our train home like the New Yorkers do.





Comments

Popular Posts